Saturday, October 25, 2008

1st impressions count and so do 2nd ones...


When I met Ivoire it was on a rainy day and I was with a friend, he was friends with my friend. I don’t think it was either love or lust at 1st sight, I do know however that from the moment we started talking and I looked into his green eyes I knew that I would always want to sit and talk and look into those eyes. When I 1st arrived in Australia I was filled with excitement mixed with uncertainty. (I actually thought she was so shy we wouldn't talk at all, but i quickly found her really engaging. Not many people are when you think about it.)

I felt dreadfully homesick in the 1st 3 months and began to notice something...for starters Australia didn’t meet my expectations of a western country like say England, where I had been previously. Here it seemed every ‘black’ person was a refugee and so treated with open disdain – I think this island nation is still so young. (We have an appalling history when it comes to racism. Most countries do but yeah, it is bad for those of you who where not aware.)

I did make friends through uni, however who showed me that they weren’t as ignorant as some. And one of them is Ivoire. (Hahaha, oh wait your serious?) It was a chance meeting that has led us through the past 2 years together and hopefully till eternity. (Chance doesn't cover it, I decided at the last minute to go out that day and Ebene slept in, had neither occurred at the exact time it did we wouldn't have met.)

It seems someone has taken the liberty of editing my posts:P, anyway my part is to tell how we met and fell in love. Ivoire, well, he seems to have focused on what we go through everyday.

No comments: