Sunday, November 23, 2008

The side note is now a full post...


Mmm where to begin lets see, moving is never a pleasant experience, but events leading to our moving that have left tempers frayed and friendships strained has further highlighted the need for independence, I despise relying on anyone, including sometimes Ivoire. I think past experiences always tell you that you are setting yourself up for disappointment and you will not have control over your fate. I am a control freak so naturally this reliance is rather unsettling. It’s funny because being in a relationship mean you have to rely on someone after all that is part of the reason we have relationships so that we can someone to rely on. I think I am afraid that I may disappoint because I am in charge of the finances at the moment and I underestimated the cost of moving from comfort zone –student accommodation with everything connected for you, internet, phone, electricity. Anyway part of this reliance thing means dealing with overbearing people or judgemental ones and even condescending ones. This has led us to quest for the ultimate independence but not from each other. (this will relate to the next post re: boy/girlfriends and friendships).

Anyway the move....
Moving was a pain partially because Ivoire and I are serious bookworms and avid movie fans. Re: movie critiques and we have more books than our clothes combined and carrying books is painful...literally I swear Arnie (in his bodybuilding days) would be envious of my biceps now.
We have had to organise our own which has been an experience being in a foreign country and hopefully everything will be set up before we leave the comfort zone for good.

The pains and joys of moving, OMG when we bought furniture I thought it would come as it looked in the store but no oh boy was I wrong, it came in flat packs...damn I had avoided Ikea for this very reason and we were faced with the drama of putting it together...fun. I am blessed to have a friend who is a genius with a toolbox and has the imagination of an artist who put the bed and chairs together...with my help of course.(Edit: Ivoire's reference to the furniture shopping, I was not happy with the salesperson who told me that my dream couch...that was $1,700 the week before was now $2,000 – seriously not happy, I think he got the vibe but that's another story altogether).

The joy was that we ate cheap chicken curry on our own dining set in silence(well we spoke about how comfy the couch was)...we don't own a tv and slept on the bed we built. I'm like a carpenter now.

I don't want to struggle anymore...I don't want to have to ask

Movie Critique

Burn after reading

My favourite character, well that was hard a toss up between John “mad genius of the year’ Malkovich, George” sex addict” Clooney and Brad “the vapid gym trainer” Pitt. The chicks were good too, very self centred and self preservation kinda girls.
This is another Coen brothers movie (see Ou brother where art thou) and it’s full of a senseless story that’s somehow funny and crude about a CIA guy who gets fired and goes schizo and these idiotic gym trainers find a disc with said CIA guy’s secrets. The following happenings are a clusterf*ck to take a line from the movie. Ivoire didn’t um *cough* like the other people in the audience
See or Miss: definite see, just because Brad Pitt’s character is highlarious!!! Next review will be Quantum of Solace....*sigh* Daniel Craig and then Twilight *sigh* Robert Pattison, of course none of em can hold a candle to Ivoire. As soon as we finish this moving business I’ll book into a Gold Star Cinema though, can't wait for Quantum.

No comments: